In November 2021, the international remote workshop of the ideas for the oepn-air public art space ARTERIJA took place. This workshop was attended by 5 creative groups (about 20 students) from 3 countries – Lithuanian, Poland and Luxembourg. The aim of this creative workshop was to generate ARTERIJA's artistic, technical and architectural ideas.
The main topic of this workshop was a human and creation: But a human is not just the body and blood. A human is thoughts, seeking the past and the future, connecting the vastness of space and the depths of the oceans. It is the dreams and unlimited creative powers. At the same time, the humans are the foundation and philosophical epicentre of European culture. They create worlds, and worlds are created by them. "Cogito ergo sum," says René Descartes. "I see, I hear, I feel and I have - which means I am," says ARTERIJA.
The participants of the creative workshop listened to three special presentations:
- Tadas Vincaitis (Lithuanian graffiti and mural artist) – „From Vandalism to Monumentalism“
- Saulius Rimas (Head of Cultural Heritage Division of Kaunas City Municipal Administration) – „Cultural Heritage in Kaunas And Its Protection“
- Živilė Šimkutė (Urbanist, Director of urbanism – architecture office MASH Studio) – „10 Urbanistic Visions for Kaunas“
The projects of the creative workshops were evaluated by an international commission:
- Jonas Audėjaitis (Vilnius Academy of Arts, Kaunas Faculty (Lithuania))
- Gilles Gardula (Lycée des Arts et Métiers (Luxembourg))
- Rimantas Giedraitis (Vilnius Academy of Arts, Kaunas Faculty, (Lithuania))
- Dimitra Kanellopoulou (Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Architecture Paris-Malaquais (Francea))
- Jan Rogalo (Uniwersytet Warminsko Mazurski w Olszytnie (Poland))
- Inga Valentinienė (Kaunas Universiy of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Education (Lithuania))
The projects of the participants and winners of the creative workshops are here .